Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Lexicon Lift: 5 Daily Words (Are you familiar with these? And how do you use these words?)

                                                 

              

  Word: Imagineer

  • Parts of Speech: Noun/Verb
  • Meaning: A person who is skilled at putting creative ideas into practice.
  • Example: So I dashed off my letters of application to Walt Disney Imagineering.

 

Word: Persistent

  • Parts of Speech: Adjective
  • Meaning: Continuing to exist or endure over a prolonged period of time.
  • Example: I was ridiculously persistent, and I kept getting passed on and on until I was connected to a guy named Jon.

 

Word: Parrot

  • Parts of Speech: Noun/Verb
  • Meaning: Repeat mechanically; A vividly colored bird.
  • Example: It’s easy to look smart when you are parroting smart people.

 

Word: Sabbatical

  • Parts of Speech: Noun/Adjective
  • Meaning: A period of paid leave granted to a university teacher or other worker for study or travel.
  • Example: After i explained the concept of sabbaticals, he thought it would be a fine idea to have me spend mine with his team.

 

Word: Hypothesize

  • Parts of Speech: Verb
  • Meaning: Make a really good educated guess.
  • Example: And so I asked lots of data-seeking questions, and found myself hypothesizing along with the doctors.

No comments:

Post a Comment